Be The Positive

Be The Positive
"Be The Change You Want to See In The World" I want to be a positive change. I will Be The Positive!

April 27, 2014

Mrs. Idaho America

I am going to jump around a little bit with my personal journey. I previously wrote about my desire to try new things and continually progress. As part of that journey, I looked up opportunities to serve my community and share my talents. That search led me to the Mrs. Idaho America Pageant. I have never done a pageant before. I always enjoyed watching them on TV and seeing all the beautiful dresses. I didn't even think twice about doing it when I was a teen. Sounded neat, but not for me. I didn't have the self-confidence or motivation to give myself that opportunity. Now, I don't need other people to tell me I am good person, I love my life and my family. This pageant was an opportunity for me to explore service opportunities in my community. And explore a fun way, to find a different perspective about myself. I have definitely accomplished that and so much more. I have met over 80 women from across our state that are doing the same thing: serving their community, raising a family, and sharing their love of marriage with others. There are so many amazing women in this state, and the ladies in the pageant are just a handful representing all of them. It is so inspiring. I meet with these ladies and it makes me feel uplifted, feel good about who I am and gives me inspiration to keep going, be my best, and share this excitement with my family and community. It is truly an amazing thing to sit in a room with women of this caliber. And I had the opportunity to do that this weekend. Just imagine an empty hotel banquet room filled with tables, chairs, pageant packets, and sparkle. In walk 45 women, the women start to introduce themselves by name & title. As the conversations continue we hear about what everyone's families are doing that day. Wow!! This room is filled with people who have really busy schedules. In walks our current Mrs. Idaho, full of smiles, then we see Mrs. World come in with her spunky young personality spilling all over the room. We did a little dance together and heard about their amazing journey. Our pageant directors and sponsors spoke to us about service opportunities, hair care & styling, skin care, make up application, fundraising opportunities, jeans, spray tans, dresses, accessories, community service, kitchen items, health drinks, fitness, eating clean, and more service opportunities. Then we had some time to practice interviews and walking in heels on stage and take some pictures. It was such an information packed, eye opening, uplifting, and girly girl day for me. I am absolutely enjoying this chance to explore myself, serve my community, and celebrate my marriage and family. This has been a very positive experience for me, so far. And it is giving me the chance to "Be the Change I want to See in The World".


Mrs. Idaho- Misty Kesler; Mrs. Eagle- Alyson Likes; Mrs. World- Kaley Sparling
 
If you would like to follow my journey in the pageant, meet my sponsors, and learn more about the Mrs. Idaho America Pageant check out my Facebook Fan Page: Mrs. Eagle- Alyson Likes

No comments: