Be The Positive

Be The Positive
"Be The Change You Want to See In The World" I want to be a positive change. I will Be The Positive!

April 4, 2014

My Life Evolving

I suffered from post-partum depression after my second child was born. I don’t want to ever be that mom, wife, or woman again. I didn’t recognize myself. I felt so much sadness and anger, and quit trying to be happy. I didn’t care if anyone else was happy either. What family wants to live like that? Thankfully, not mine. I had a husband who could see the negativity & protected my boys from it. He was kind enough to listen & to offer support. I was so worried he would shun me for being less than the perfect wife & mother. He tried to understand, even though I didn’t. We looked up information on line & went into the Dr. together. Sure enough it was depression & my husband didn’t cast me away or lock me in a rubber room. We accepted the diagnosis; we tried the medication and recommendations from the Doctor. 4 months later it was under control, and a couple months after that the Doctor weaned me off the medication. Sometimes I can feel & see similar symptoms creeping into my mind or daily life. I refuse to let that woman come back. I keep searching for things to better myself, my family, and my home. I’m not saying I have it figured out, but our family is still together and most days happy.

No comments: